Singapore is tied with Iceland for my favorite countries so far! I always dreamed of going to Singapore since I was a teenager and I finally made it happen not too long ago! I completely fell in love with the country. The food, the architecture, the people, everything.
I know I say this a lot… but Singapore HAS TO BE ON EVERYONE’S BUCKETLIST. It is one of the most beautiful countries I have ever been to. Everything seems straight out of a movie.
These are some of my reasons why Singapore is a MUST!
- Gardens by the Bay (Flower Dome, Supertrees Grove, Cloud Forest) – I didn’t realize how big Gardens by the Bay was and definitely didn’t plan accordingly. I can honestly say that you can easily spend a WHOLE DAY here. There is so much to see and you should see everything. The only downside is that you have to buy tickets for everything. Oh, did I mention Singapore is quite expensive? But totally worth it. Take my money! I highly suggest seeing the Supertrees Grove both in the day and at night. In the day it is absolutely beautiful, you can get some amazing photos here. But at night, it looks like you are somewhere straight out of the movie Avatar! Music plays while the lights twinkle… it is the most amazing thing and experience. [ The light shows are at 7:45pm and 8:45pm daily ] You can see some beautiful flowers and plants inside of the Flower Dome… they change the theme every so often too. It is absolutely beautiful. You must also visit the Cloud Forest… here you can witness the highest indoor waterfall in the world!
- Marina Bay Sands – Although, most people won’t be able to actually sleep here… including myself…😑) because it is ridiculously expensive) You can still check out the shops, restaurants and walk around the hotel. The views right outside of the Marina Bay Sands are spectacular as well.
- FOOD! – Singapore is a melting pot of Chinese, Malay and Indian cuisines. You don’t have to spend a lot to get some amazing food as well. I recommend checking out the food markets. The best one is the Maxwell Hawker Stall… Here, you can find the famous Hainanese Chicken Rice. Might I add, Anthony Bourdain also ate here and his picture is right on the wall. (Also try curry laksa! Delicious!)
- Universal Studios Singapore – I am still a kid at heart… I love amusement parks! I had THE best time here.
- Boat Quay/Clarke Quay – Walk around Clarke Quay in the day and also at night. Beautiful new skyscrapers line the city skies. The views here are spectacular and there are a lot of bars and restaurants to grab a delicious bite!
- Little India – Here you can find the cutest buildings that are painted in an array of colors. You can get some awesome photos here!
- Chinatown – Singapore’s Chinatown is beautiful. You can find some awesome instagrammable photo opportunities here. You can also find the best hawker food stalls around Chinatown as well!
- Kampong Glam – Beautiful little area to walk around… grab a bite and do some shopping.
- Singapore Changi Airport – The airport? I know what you’re thinking… who wants to spend more time than they need to at the airport? What we usually dread when we have to deal with flight delays or cancellations… if I have to be stuck at any airport, I would love it to be Changi Airport! I would willingly go there and hang out. I would suggest… on your last day… leaving early to the airport so that you can explore! There’s a reason why Changi Airport is rated the number one airport in the world! It has EVERYTHING you can imagine… at say… an amusement park??! HA. There are beautiful gardens… butterfly gardens, flower gardens… There’s even a waterfall! The best airport in the world!
I hope that everyone can see and experience Singapore for themselves. It is truly an amazing country!