In a lot of my posts and Instagram photos… I always mention that Iceland is one of my favorite countries in the world… it really is!
When I went last year, I completely fell in love with the country. The people are so nice, it’s the safest country in the world and it’s absolutely beautiful!
If you haven’t been yet, make sure Iceland is on the top of your bucket list.
There’s a lot to see and do in Iceland but if you only have a few days or a week tops… here’s my list of things you MUST do!
1. Chase waterfalls! – Iceland has no shortage of amazing waterfalls! One of my favorite waterfalls and probably the most popular is Skogafoss. (Justin Bieber also shot his music video for “I’ll Show You” here.😉)
You can watch it here! – Justin Bieber – I’ll Show You
2. Blue Lagoon – Some people say it’s overrated or it’s a tourist trap… and yes, I agree it’s for the tourists… but it’s a definite must! It’s absolutely beautiful and so relaxing. The water is just the right temperature. Once you buy your ticket, you can stay there all day! They’re open from 8am to 8pm!
I got there early in the morning so it was still pretty dark and not very crowded.
3. Black Sand Beach – This place looked straight out of a movie set. Great place for photos!
The sand is really that black! And that fog is real too!
4. Snorkel the Silfra Fissure – The most memorable thing I did in Iceland… actually probably one of the most memorable things I’ve done in my life so far! Snorkeling in freezing cold water and touching two tectonic plates of two continents simultaneously… who woulda thought??!
Suited up and ready to dive in!
The water is so clear and you can drink it too! (Not exaggerating… it was the best water I have ever tasted!)
5. Northern Lights – Unfortunately, my tours got canceled 5 out of 6 times….😑due to the weather. Finally, we headed out on my last night but of course the skies were filled with clouds. I failed to see the Northern Lights on my trip… hopefully you’ll have better luck!
If you have time!…. and you are a fan of Game of Thrones… I recommend the GoT tour! It was so much fun! My tour guide was a real extra in the show! He took us to actual locations that they filmed at and showed us photos from those exact spots!
How cool is this little house?? It looks straight out of a movie!
My tour guide was so awesome!