If you haven’t heard or read anything about Iceland yet, you’ve probably been living under a rock. Iceland has gained major popularity in the past few years. There’s so much to see and do there but one must do… is, of course, visiting the Blue Lagoon!
I’ve heard some people say that it’s “overrated” and it’s such a “tourist spot”. Yes, it is definitely a tourist spot but it’s definitely not overrated. You can’t visit Iceland and not go to the Blue Lagoon.
Here’s some things to know if you’re planning a trip to the Blue Lagoon…
- I suggest you plan your Blue Lagoon visit on your last day in Iceland. That way you can just relax and unwind from all of your adventures and you will be refreshed and ready to get back on a long plane ride home.
- Opt for the cheapest package. There are different packages with obviously different prices. The cheapest one just includes admission and the free silica mud mask. They have a few other masks but you have to pay extra for them. Also, just bring your own towel or robe from your hotel. Saves you a few bucks.
- It’s expensive. You’ll probably be at the Blue Lagoon for a few hours at minimum. You’re bound to buy a drink or two and a snack. Lunch, a snack, a juice and a smoothie cost me about $40. It IS expensive but hey, it’s the whole experience, enjoy it.
- Swim up bar. Yeah, I think that’s all I need to say.
- Go in the early morning or right when they open. It’s less crowded and you can enjoy the Lagoon all to yourself.
- Take advantage of the free things they offer. There’s a waterfall that massages your shoulders, sauna and steam room.
- Plan to be at the Lagoon for at least a half a day. It takes about an hour to and from downtown Reykjavik.
- Take lots of pictures. It’s ok. You definitely won’t be the only one obnoxiously taking a hundred selfies.
- The buses leave every hour. The bathrooms get very crowded in the afternoon so if you’re leaving around that time, make sure you give yourself enough time to shower and dry off. I almost missed my bus back to the city!
- Enjoy! Relax and take in the beautiful scenery.😊